Peak Power's investment solution delivers recurring revenue at no cost to NYC building owners, with major public benefits:
NYC Building owners
Participating building owners enjoy annual recurring revenue, driving a meaningful boost to NOI; upgraded infrastructure; and increased resiliency, at no cost, and with no tenant "brownouts." Strong candidate buildings typically feature the following:
- 100,000+ square feet (total GLA)
- 500+ kW peak use on common meter
- Emergency generator onsite
Tapping into the price signals rooted in the high public cost of NYC peak demand, Peak Power turns underused building assets into quality long-term investments:
- $500k to $5mm invested per project
- Low technology, operating risk
- Upside potential in additional value-added services for host buildings
- $1+ billion addressable NYC market
About 15 percent of NYC's peak electric demand is used less than 7 days per year, despite requiring massive infrastructure: miles of power lines; costly distribution wires; inefficient "peaker" plants. A waste!
On top of compelling project economics, Peak Power reduces NYC's peak demand, yielding major public benefits.